Protecting Your Identity & Brand
One of the most valuable assets for any business is its brand. Through trademarks, a company can distinguish its identity, products and services from its competitors. At Woodard, Emhardt, Henry, Reeves & Wagner, our dedicated group of trademark attorneys are adept at handling a broad range of trademark issues for clients. From obtaining and prosecuting federal, state and international trademark protection to maintaining single trademark registrations and international trademark portfolios containing hundreds of registrations, clients count on our team to handle trademark filings throughout the world.
In addition to registration, maintenance and renewal of trademarks, our team has significant experience in domestic and international trademark portfolio management and internet domain name dispute issues.
To identify others’ marks that might be problematic, we provide a trademark watch service and handle all aspects of trademark enforcement including oppositions and cancellation proceedings, as well as infringement issues and International Trade Commission (ITC) actions.
- Trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, and unfair competition counseling
- Trademark searching and clearance opinions
- Domestic and international trademark portfolio management
- Filing U.S. and international trademark applications
- Maintaining and renewing U.S. and international trademark registrations
- Watch services and monitoring the trademark applications and registrations of our clients
- Trademark portfolio audits
- Merger and acquisition trademark analysis, opinions and drafting purchase agreements and assignments
- Negotiating and drafting licensing agreements
- Investigations related to the trademark rights of others
- Strategically monitoring third party trademark applications and registrations
- Recording and monitoring trademark registrations with U.S. Customs and customs departments of other countries
- Trademark, trade secret and unfair competition litigation throughout the U.S. and internationally
- Oppositions and cancellation proceedings in the USPTO
- Trademark enforcement on online marketplaces and on third party websites
- Internet domain name disputes and arbitration
- International Trade Commission (ITC) actions
- Client counseling on proper trademark usage and marking