Optimizing the Value of Your Intellectual Property
At Woodard, Emhardt, Henry, Reeves & Wagner,we can help you leverage your intellectual property assets to advance your business. We have advised clients ranging from start-ups, entrepreneurs, investors, technology transfer offices to Fortune 500 companies and multinational corporations in licensing agreements for patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, joint and collaborative research and development, marketing and distribution, technology collaboration, alliance and joint venture arrangements.
All of our attorneys are licensed patent attorneys with technology backgrounds and experience in relevant industries including medical devices, software, manufacturing, telecommunications, wireless communication and networks, information technology, and Internet-of-things (IoT), clean/green technologies, social media, robotics and artificial intelligence.
This combination of skills and experience allows our team to deliver comprehensive service and strategic advice on structuring and negotiating domestic and international intellectual property related agreements.
Through our reporting and analysis capabilities, we can also help you quickly identify assets in your portfolio that have licensing value. We can also assist in locating target businesses that may wish to license your technology or trademarks. For companies doing business in Indiana, we have a depth of knowledge in handling the franchise registration process with the state, as well as other franchise-related activities.
Our licensing experience includes:
- Advising clients on patent licensing programs, technology transfer, joint ventures and other cooperative research and development agreements.
- Analyzing intellectual property portfolios for the potential for generating royalty income
- Identifying and mitigating associated risks
- Structuring and negotiation of agreements
- Managing IP portfolios and executed IP agreements
- Enforcing or amending obligations in IP agreements
- Licensing logos, domain names, word marks, brand enhancements
- Establishing trademark holding companies
- Assisting in-house counsel, law firms, investors and companies seeking investment